Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fried Puffed Rice


Hi guys, if you want to eat something with a feeling of fullness, yet no fat, very light and quick-made, this bowl of fried puffed rice is best. We used to have this often in the evening. First my elder sisters used to make it and I don’t remember when I started preparing it myself. Anyway, be sure that it’s fun to cook as much as good to taste.


What we need - 1 potato, 1 onion, ½ cup groundnuts, few cloves of garlic, 2-3 green chilies, coriander leaves, pinch of turmeric & salt, 2 tbsp oil, 1 big bowl puffed rice.


How to make – Cut potato, onion, garlic, coriander into small pieces. Heat oil in a pan, add groundnuts; let it be red and crispy. Add rest of the small-cut-pieces and sieve a little. Make sure the potatoes are tender and onion is almost dry. Add turmeric and a pinch of salt. Switch off the stove and mix puffed rice. Eat quickly when it’s hot otherwise it will not be that crunchy!


9 comments:

  1. If I were around there wouldn't be any left for you lol- love this very much :))
    Thanks a lot for linking this to bookmark event :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking this to My Meatless Mondays. That is clever using the puffed rice. My husband who has celiac can eat this so I must get to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puffed rice looks so crispy and crunchy. Loved your recipe.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    Tastes best with tea...and better if you have a group at leisure. You should try at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to munch some, tempting snack..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already hungry looking at this!
    Great post, thanks for sharing!
    toppedoffwitharedhat.blogspot.com.
    stop by and check out my new post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puffed rice is always a comfy food. Good for old, young and kids as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...