I start my day with a hot cup of tea. (Though most in my family take milk-tea, I prefer it black!). Nothing can refresh my body and soul in a better way than this. Well, this is since years….. don’t remember since how long! But honestly, I love tea even if not so addicted. Many of you must be in the same habit like me. Specially, to deal with this chilling winter breeze. But I think few of you might be aware of its health benefits.
- Tea contains antioxidants, which helps our body stay protected from the negative effects of aging and pollution.
- If I have only one option between tea & coffee, I must choose tea. Why? Tea has three times less caffeine than coffee.
- Studies found that, tea-drinkers have a less chance of heart attack and stroke. Great!!!
- Long-term consumption of tea develops stronger bones with compared to non-tea-drinkers. One study says that this may be the work of tea's many beneficial phytochemicals.
- Boost your immune system with green-tea! Again, with compared to tea & coffee tea-drinkers have better immune system activity in their blood. Wow! That means I shouldn’t fear of infection (at times I like green tea).
- Well, it’s not yet reached to a definite conclusion, but sufficient studies show that tea protects against cancer too. It contains some cancer-fighting properties. It’s already added to my list of daily beverages.
- Some people say tea keeps you hydrated. But I don’t think it’s a good idea, because it can make us addicted to tea. So, if my doctor advices to drink 3-4 liters of water a day, I can’t covert it to tea. Hehe!
- I love tea with a little sugar. If you add no sweetener or milk, your cup of tea is calorie-free. So just relax, and enjoy!