Walking is simplest of all the exercises. The best thing is it’s free of cost and no prior preparation needed. By daily walk of few minutes you stay more active, lose weight naturally and become healthier. Though it’s often considered as the lazier or easier among workouts, still it is ideal for people of all age groups with different fitness levels. A good habit of regular walking has great effects on reducing the risk of chronic illnesses like, heart disease, asthma, type 2 diabetes, mild stroke and also cancers in some cases.
- Walking is fun and easy as a daily workout.
- No investment required; all you need is a good pair of shoes.
- You can choose any time of the day to go for a walk.
- Walking strengthens the muscles in your legs.
- Walking uphill can be greatly beneficial for your glutes.
- This is the natural way to weight loss.
How to start walking?
Speed is the only thing that comes to mind when you wake up in the morning. Life is going fast, and each of us desires to top the race. So walking may not seem like a good idea; right? But actually it’s just a matter of few minutes each day and can bring out great results; both on your mood and health. The only thing is how to start a habit of walk?
- Start walking to your workplace if it’s few kilometers away.
- Start walking to the shops that you often visit.
- Use the stairs instead of the lift.
- Forget the car if you are travelling short distances.
- You can walk while leaving the kids to school.
- Convert meeting with friends to walking with friends.
- Go for a walk with family after dinner.
- Go walking with your pets.
How to maximize the benefits of walking?
- Wear the shoes and clothes that feel most comfortable. This will encourage you to walk more.
- Increase the walking time every week.
- If weight loss is in your mind, walking on the uphill rout is better.
- Take a bottle of water as you may need it at times.
- To make the experience more of fun, take some healthy snacks and juices with you.
- Don’t over walk. Take pause after every 10-15 minutes.
Most of us spend leisure time in watching TV, chatting with friends or browsing the best deals over internet. Now it’s high time to bring out a healthy twist into your routine life. So let’s walk!