Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mustard Leaf Curry

One seasonal leafy vegetable – fresh mustard leaves! I love this because of its fresh green look and the special rich aroma. It’s high in iron and protein. Well, that’s what we all do know. You can try bread (paratha) and fried snacks (pakoda) with this, but recipe only with leaves has a special taste of its own. So let’s start cooking....this is quite different from the north-Indian style cooking as we don’t need to grind.

Ingredients: I bunch mustard leaves, 2 tomatoes randomly cut, small piece of pumpkin cut into cubes, 4-5 garlic cloves, 2-3 green chillies, mustard and cumin seeds, 2 tbsp oil, salt.

Method: Wash & cut the leaves finely. Cut the garlic & chillies into very small pieces. Heat oil; add cumin & mustard seeds and let it sputter. Add garlic & chillies. Now add pumpkin cubes, fry for 1 min (sweetness of pumpkin helps in reducing the minor bitterness of mustard leaf). Add cut tomatoes, wait for a minute and finally add the leaves. Add salt as per taste, sieve properly and cover the lid. It will be ready in 7-10 minutes, but let all the water to evaporate. This recipe tastes best with rice and/or Indian bread.

Happy to share my recipe here – Midnight Maniac

My Meatless Monday, Just Another Meatless Monday

8 comments:

  1. Healthy and delicious preparation. Excellent clicks.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks healthy and yummy, a great combination. I am featuring it at My Meatless Mondays. Come on over after tomorrow evening and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u Chaya, tank u guys! This is certainly nice & healthy of not gorgeous. So must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sasmita. Thanks for looking at and following my blog. I read your comment and decided to pop over and look at yours. Like the look of this recipe but I am not a very good cook! Ah well, practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI SASMITA!!!!!!
    I LIKE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!
    KISSES!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The website style is ideal, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers
    Oster TSSTTVMNDG Digital Large Capacity Toaster Oven, Stainless Steel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...